Adding external Meshnet devices on Android
Learn how to establish a connection with other NordVPN users' devices through Meshnet on Android.
To add an external device to your Meshnet, send an invitation to the device's owner:
- 1.In your NordVPN app, navigate to Meshnet.
- 2.Tap Manage devices, and then select Link external device.
- 3.Enter the email address of the NordVPN user you're inviting to have access to your Meshnet.
- 4.Select the permissions you want to grant to the owner's device. To stay accessible via Meshnet and allow file sending from the invitee, keep the permissions selected.
- 5.Tap Send invitation.
Ensure that the invitation is sent to a user you know and trust.
If needed, you can cancel a pending invitation by navigating to Manage devices > Invitations > Sent and tapping Cancel (x) next to the sent invitation.
To finalize the linking, the invited user needs to accept the invitation in their NordVPN app.
- 1.Navigate to Manage devices, and then select the Invitations tab.
- 2.From the Received list, choose the desired invitation.
- 3.If you wish to remain accessible via Meshnet and allow the inviter's device to send files, keep the permissions selected.
- 4.Tap Accept invitation.
If you have NordVPN installed on multiple devices, you need to accept the invitation on each device individually.
The invitation stays active, allowing you time to accept on all devices, and expires after 72 hours if not canceled earlier.
Upon accepting the invitation, both your device and the inviter's device join each other's external devices list. You can find the newly linked device under the Linked devices tab, using the External filter to locate it quickly.
For more information on permissions, refer to these articles: