Sharing files on Android TV
Learn how to receive files securely and easily over Meshnet on Android TV.
This guide provides the information you need to start sharing files over Meshnet on Android TV.
Make sure that the device you want to exchange files with meets the following criteria:
You can add devices to your Meshnet in two ways, depending on device ownership:
The file sharing feature on Android TV supports receiving files only, and not sending them.
To download files shared from your Meshnet peer’s device, do the following steps:
- 1.Have your sharer send the files.
- 2.On your Android TV, open NordVPN.
- 3.Navigate to the Meshnet section and select Shared files.
- 4.Choose the incoming file transfer you want to download.
- 5.For single-file transfers, select Accept to save the files to your device’s storage.For multi-file transfers, you may want to first check the contents of the transfer by selecting Review and then download by choosing Accept. If prompted, grant NordVPN permission to save files on your device.
Transferred files are automatically placed in the system's default download directory with no option to manually change the destination. To locate the files you downloaded, do any of the following:
- Navigate to your device’s default download location using a file manager.
- In the NordVPN app, select Shared files, choose the transfer, and select Open file location.
To monitor and handle all Meshnet file transfers, select the Shared files card in the NordVPN app. In this menu, you can view completed, pending, and ongoing transfers as well as the progress of active file exchanges.