Sharing files on iOS
Learn how to send and receive files securely and easily over Meshnet on iOS.
This guide provides the information you need to start sharing files over Meshnet on iOS.
- 1.In your NordVPN app, select the Meshnettab and tap the Share files section.
- 2.Select Photos to open your photo library or Files to open the file manager.
- 3.If prompted, allow NordVPN to access your files.
- 4.Select the file you want to send. The current functionality only supports sharing one file at a time.
- 5.Under Send to, select the Meshnet device you’re sharing with.Tap Show all devices if you don’t see the desired device in the list.
The file transfer begins as soon as the recipient accepts your download request on their device.
You can only send files to the devices that have the file sharing permission enabled for your device. For more information, see File sharing permissions.
- 1.Open the app where the files are located, such as Files or Photos.
- 2.Touch and hold the file you want to send, and then tap Share.
- 3.Select NordVPN from the list of apps, and then select the Meshnet device you’re sharing with.
- 4.Under Send to, select the Meshnet device you’re sharing with.
To receive files shared from your Meshnet peer’s device, complete the following steps:
- 1.Have your sharer send the file.
- 2.Open the NordVPN app or tap the file transfer notification that appears in Notification center to open the app.
- 3.Tap Accept to save the file to your device’s storage.
Keep the NordVPN app open until the download is complete.
You can find the files shared with you by checking your device's default download folder location.