Using traffic routing on Android
Learn how to handle Meshnet's traffic routing feature on Android.
To start using traffic routing, make sure that the device you want to route traffic through meets the following criteria:
- The NordVPN app is running, and the Meshnet feature is enabled in the app.
- The device is connected to your Meshnet.
- The Traffic routing through your device permission is granted for your client device. To learn more, see Traffic routing permissions.
You can add devices to your Meshnet in two ways, depending on device ownership:
- To add your own device, just enable Meshnet on that device. See Using Meshnet on Android for details.
- To add an external device, send an invitation via the NordVPN app with the owner's email. Ensure the invitation is accepted. See Adding external Meshnet devices on Android.
To start routing traffic on Android, follow these steps:
- 1.Open NordVPN and select the Meshnettab at the bottom.
- 2.Tap Route traffic.
- 3.Find the device that you want to use as a host and tap it.
Upon establishing the connection, the peer device’s section in the traffic routing menu will change the background color from white to blue.
Alternatively, you can do the following:
- 1.Open NordVPN and tap Traffic routing.
- 2.Find the host device that you want to use and tap it.
Once connected, you will see the host device’s Nord name on the main application page.
To stop traffic routing, you can use the following methods:
- Tap the Disconnect button on the main application page.
- Tap the host device in the Route traffic menu.
Connection pause is currently not available while routing traffic through a Meshnet peer device.