Linking external Meshnet devices on Android TV
Learn how to expand your Meshnet by linking other users' devices on Android TV.
To add an external device to your Meshnet, invite its owner using their NordVPN account email:
- 1.On your Android TV device, open NordVPN and navigate to the Meshnet section.
- 2.Select Invitations, and then choose Link external device.
- 3.Enter the email address of the NordVPN user you’re inviting to have access to your Meshnet.
- 5.Select Send invitation.
- 6.Wait for the recipient to accept the invitation. For details, consult the appropriate guides:
Once the invitation is accepted, your peer's device will appear in the External devices list of the Devices menu.
If needed, you can cancel the pending invitation by navigating to Invitations > Sent, selecting the invitation, and clicking Cancel invitation.
To complete the device linking process, the recipient needs to accept the invitation in their NordVPN app.
To accept an invitation on an Android TV device:
- 1.Open NordVPN and navigate to the Meshnet section.
- 2.Select Invitations and choose Received.
- 3.From the list, choose the desired invitation.
- 5.Select Accept and link devices.
If you have NordVPN installed on multiple devices, you need to accept the invitation on each device individually.
The invitation stays active, allowing you time to accept it on all devices, and it expires after 72 hours if not canceled earlier.
After accepting the invitation, both your device and the inviter's device join each other's external devices list. You can find the newly linked device in Devices > External devices.
If the device is not showing up in your External devices list, refer to the following checklist to address common issues:
- Verify the email address you entered when sending the invitation.
- Confirm that the recipient has accepted the invitation.