Using Meshnet on macOS
Learn how to use Meshnet via the NordVPN application on your macOS device.
Meshnet is available for:
To turn on Meshnet on your device, complete these steps:
- 2.On the left-side menu, select Meshnet:
- 3.In the Meshnet pane of Preferences, turn on the Meshnet toggle:
- 4.In the dialog that appears, read the details about Meshnet using the Continue button to move forward.
- 5.Click Turn on Meshnet. If you get a notification asking for your permission to add VPN configurations, tap Allow to continue.
When connected to Meshnet, your device is assigned a unique Nord name and a Meshnet IP address, both of which you can use to access your device from other linked devices.
Add more of your devices to connect them over Meshnet:
- 2.Log in to your NordVPN account.
- 3.Turn on Meshnet.
Your devices should now be connected automatically.
Meshnet allows you to add up to 10 devices that use the same NordVPN account.
You can locate a list of all your connected devices under the Your devices tab.
Alternatively, you can view a list of linked devices for each of your devices on the Nord Account website. To access this feature:
- 1.Log in to your Nord account dashboard.
- 2.Navigate to NordVPN.
- 3.Under Meshnet, select See your devices.
If you need to unlink your device from Meshnet, you have the option to do so from:
- The NordVPN app
- Your Nord Account dashboard
- 1.Open NordVPN.
- 2.In the Meshnet pane, under Your devices, click the Morebutton next to the device you want to disconnect.
- 3.Select Unlink this device.
- 4.Confirm that you want to unlink the device by clicking Unlink.
- 2.Navigate to NordVPN, and then select See your devices under Meshnet.
- 3.Find the device that you want to remove another device from and select See linked devices next to it.
- 4.Next to the name of the device you want to remove, click Unlink device.
- 5.Confirm that you want to unlink the device by clicking Unlink.
To link the device back, restart Meshnet on the unlinked device.
You can invite other NordVPN users to join your Meshnet. To learn more, see Linking devices in Meshnet.