Sharing files on Android
Learn how to send and receive files securely and easily over Meshnet on Android.
This guide provides the information you need to start sharing files over Meshnet on Android.
- 1.In your NordVPN app, select the Meshnettab and tap Share files.
- 2.In your device’s file manager that opens, select the file or group of files you want to share and confirm your choice.
- 3.Select the Meshnet device you want to share the file with. You can choose more devices if needed.
- 4.Tap Send to 1 device. (If multiple devices are selected, the button is labeled with the number of selected devices).
The file transfer begins as soon as the recipient accepts your download request on their device. See how to Receive shared files on an Android device further in this article.
You can only send files to the devices that have the file sharing permission enabled for your device. For more information, see File sharing permissions.
When you initiate a file transfer, a notification appears in the notification tray of your device. You can expand the notification and choose to cancel the transfer by tapping Cancel transfer or view more details about the transfer in the NordVPN app by tapping More info.
- 1.On your device, select the file or group of files you want to share. This can be a photo, video, document, or any other type of file.
- 2.Tap your device’s Share button.
- 3.Do either of the following:
- Select NordVPN from the list of apps, and then select the Meshnet device you want to share the file with.
- Select the device from the list of available Meshnnet devices that have been most recently used.
The file transfer begins as soon as the recipient accepts your download request on their device.
To receive files shared from your Meshnet peer’s device, do the following steps:
- 1.Have your sharer send the files.
- 2.Do any of the following:
- Open the NordVPN app.
- Or, if NordVPN notifications are allowed on your device, locate the file transfer notification that appears in the notification tray at the top of the screen.
- 3.You can choose to preview the contents of the transfer. To do this:
- In the notification tray, tap the file transfer notification to expand it.
- Or, in the NordVPN app, tap the file attachment indicated by the paperclip icon.
- 4.In the NordVPN app, optionally, select Always accept transfers from this device to automatically accept future file transfers from this sender.
- 5.Tap Accept to save the file to your device’s storage. If prompted, allow NordVPN to access photos, media, and files on your device.
NordVPN will notify you when the download is complete, and you’ll see the option to open or locate the file once you expand the notification.
Alternatively, you can find the files shared with you by checking your device's default download folder location.