Sharing files on Android
Learn how to send and receive files securely and easily over Meshnet on Android.
This guide provides the information you need to start sharing files over Meshnet on Android.
Make sure that the device you want to share files with meets the following criteria:
You can add devices to your Meshnet in two ways, depending on device ownership:
You can initiate file transfers even if the desired peer device is offline. As soon as the device becomes active, it will receive the transfer notification. If the Always accept transfers option is enabled, the transfer starts automatically without needing confirmation.
- 1.In your NordVPN app, select Meshnetand tap Share files.
- 2.In your device’s file manager that opens, select the file or group of files you want to share and confirm your choice.
- 3.Select the Meshnet device you want to share the files with. You can choose more devices if needed.You can also review the files before initiating the transfer by tapping the paperclip button.
- 4.Tap Send to 1 device. (If multiple devices are selected, the button is labeled with the number of selected devices).
Once you initiate a file transfer, you are automatically directed to the File transfers screen, where you can observe and manage your current and finished transfers.
You can tap the arrow icon to see individual files included in the transfer and their status.
Additionally, you have the capability to launch multiple file transfers to various peer devices at the same time. You can monitor the progress and status of all these transfers through the File transfers screen.
- 1.On your device, select the file or group of files you want to share. This can be a photo, video, document, or any other type of file.
- 2.Tap your device’s Share button.
- 3.Do either of the following:
- Select NordVPN from the list of apps, and then select the Meshnet device you want to share the file with.
- Select the device from the list of available Meshnnet devices that have been most recently used.
The file transfer begins as soon as the recipient accepts your download request on their device.
To receive files shared from your Meshnet peer’s device, do the following steps:
- 1.Have your sharer send the files.
- 2.Do any of the following:
- Open the NordVPN app.
- If NordVPN notifications are allowed on your device, locate the file transfer notification that appears in the notification tray at the top of the screen.
- 3.You can choose to preview the contents of the transfer. To do this:
- In the NordVPN app, tap the file attachment indicated by the paperclip icon. You can choose to download all files included in the transfer or select specific ones for download.
- In the notification tray, tap the arrow button on the file transfer notification to expand it. If the transfer includes a single file, the notification will show the name of the file. Otherwise, the number of files will be shown.
- 4.In the NordVPN app, optionally, select Always accept transfers from this device to automatically accept future file transfers from this sender.
- 5.Tap Accept to save the file to your device’s storage. If prompted, allow NordVPN to access photos, media, and files on your device.
To find files shared with you, check your device's default download folder or navigate to View file transfers > Completed, and then tap the three-dot menu next to the transfer and select Open files location.
To monitor and handle all Meshnet transfers, go to Meshnet
, and under Share files, tap View file transfers.
You can accept all pending transfers or decline them by choosing the respective options in the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- To cancel a specific outgoing file transfer that is active or queued, tap the Cancel (x) button next to the transfer.
- To cancel all active or queued outgoing transfers, tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner and select Cancel all sent transfers.
- To cancel a file download that is active or queued, tap the Cancel (x) button next to the transfer.
- To cancel all active downloads, tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner and select Cancel all downloads.
- To remove a completed file transfer from your history, under Completed, tap the three-dot menu next to the transfer, and select Remove from history.
- To remove all completed file transfers, tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner and select Clear transfer history.