Using traffic routing on macOS
Learn how to handle Meshnet's traffic routing feature on macOS.
To start using traffic routing, make sure that the device you want to route traffic through meets the following criteria:
- The NordVPN app is running, and the Meshnet feature is enabled in the app.
- The device is connected to your Meshnet.
- The Traffic routing through your device permission is granted for your client device. To learn more, see Traffic routing permissions.
You can add devices to your Meshnet in two ways, depending on device ownership:
- To add an external device, send an invitation via the NordVPN app with the owner's email. Ensure the invitation is accepted. See Adding external Meshnet devices on macOS.
To start routing traffic on macOS, follow these steps:
- 1.Open NordVPN and select the Meshnettab.
- 2.Find the device that you want to use as a host and click Route all traffic.
Upon connecting, the Route all traffic label will change to Stop routing traffic.
Alternatively, you can do the following:
- 1.Open the NordVPN app.
- 2.In the connection menu, find the Devices in Meshnet section.
- 3.Select either Your devices or External devices, and click the device that you want to route traffic through.
Once connected, you will see the host device’s Nord name on the main application page.
To stop traffic routing, you can use any of the following methods:
- Click the Disconnect button on the main application page.
- Click Stop routing traffic under the host device name on the Meshnettab.
Connection pause is currently not available while routing traffic through a Meshnet peer device.