Routing traffic from macOS
Learn how to handle Meshnet's traffic routing feature on macOS.
To start using traffic routing, make sure that the device you want to route traffic through meets the following criteria:
- The NordVPN app is running, and the Meshnet feature is enabled in the app.
- The device is connected to your Meshnet.
You can add devices to your Meshnet in two ways, depending on device ownership:
You can use the following two methods to start a traffic routing connection on macOS.
To start routing traffic from the Meshnet tab, follow these steps:
- 1.Open NordVPN and select the Meshnet menu.
- 2.Find the device that you want to use as a host and click Route all traffic.
Upon connecting, the Route all traffic label will change to Stop routing traffic.
To initiate a routing connection from the main screen:
- 1.Open the NordVPN app.
- 2.In the connection menu, find the Devices in Meshnet section.
- 3.Select the More button next to Your devices or External devices, and click the device that you want to route traffic through.
Once connected, you will see the host device’s Nord name on the main application page.
To stop traffic routing, you can use any of the following methods:
- Click the Disconnect button on the main application page.
- Click Stop routing traffic under the host device name on the Meshnet menu.
Connection pause is currently not available while routing traffic through a Meshnet peer device.