Access shared folders on Android TV
Learn how to access shared folders from an Android TV device over Meshnet.
In this article, you will learn how to connect to remote shared folders using Meshnet on Android TV devices.
As a prerequisite, ensure that you have a file manager that allows access to SMB network storage. In this guide, the X-plore file manager is used as an example.
- 2.Launch X-plore file manager. If requested, grant X-plore permission to access media on your device.
- 3.In the right pane, navigate to LAN > Add server, and then select Add server.
- 4.Fill in the required details:
- In the Label field, enter a custom name for the shared folder, which will be shown in the file manager.
- In the Server field, type in the Nord name of your device sharing the folder.
- In the Path field, enter the name of the network share.
- If the shared folder requires user authentication, fill in the Username and Password fields with the appropriate credentials.
- 5.Select Test to check whether the connection can be established. Then, select Save.
- 6.In the file manager, under LAN, choose the newly added shared folder to display its contents.